Thursday, May 16, 2013

Basketball and Dance Club

Basketball
Our first week back after the first term was a but difficult as I was quite unfit. Mr. Gray commented that I had been doing a good job of always trying to stay open especially when someone has been cornered with the ball. However,next week,I would like to focus on my shooting skills. Last practice,I attempted to take a few shots but none of them actually went through the net. Our Teacher vs Student match this Wednesday could prove to be difficult for me as I am in a team that is FILLED with well-skilled and fast players.
I plan on practicing on my shots until then as well as working more on running from one end of the field to the other seeing as I tend to tire quite quickly.

Dance Club
Today,dance club was quite intense. We warmed up with a few house songs where we were just freestyling but it honestly tired us out. We also continued working on our routine for 'Get Busy' by Sean Paul. I realised today that it would be helpful to learn some dancehall moves that with the reggae-like tone of Sean Paul's music. These movements are often fast-paced and involve a lot of energy as they just look retarded if not enough heart is out into it :P
Next week,we will be teaching a year 7 girl on of our old routines and hopefully that will go well. I'm really looking forward to it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment